Thursday, June 11, 2009

Heaven




I love to quilt.  It's my favorite part of sewing probably, just sitting with all those fabrics draped over you, needle in hand.  It's a big sacrifice of running the shop, not having the time to quilt anymore.  But I can read!


I am so addicted to these quilting books.  I could seriously buy a new one every week and devour every page.  This one is truly spectacular.  There are some unbelievable takes on antique quilts in there (LOOK at the gorgeousness on the cover).  


I flip through these pages and dream about having the time to put one of these together.  Just the 18 coordinating fabric selections might take a week.  Then I can't imagine how many hours are to be spent cutting, compiling, arranging, and hand sewing this quilt.  There are 384 blades alone.  


But I'm gonna do it one day.  For sure.

No comments: